Thursday, September 8, 2011

My first post to my new Blog.

Okay, here goes my friends, took me years to get my own blog, wooo hooo, but I am going to do my best to keep you entertained, to share ideas and some creativity. It’s been a very rainy day here in Alabama. Such a great scrapping day, it gets my mind relaxed and I get to create and think of all sorts of neat things that just pop up into my mind. (Not bad for the age.)

First thing I thought of this morning, after opening a package with a very large stamp on a wooden block, was what can I put this stamp on and get it off the wooden block? The largest acrylic block I have seen is 4 ½ X 6 ½, that I own anyway, and the stamp needs about another quarter of an inch to fit perfectly. Well, sitting at my desk I just happen to look across the room and I had one all the time that was just perfect, there was my block to use, the plate from the Sizzix Big Shot. Works absolutely great!! You will just need to keep one for stamping and not running through the machine so it stays flat. Okay, problem solved there, go with my bad self…lol

I then proceeded to make a card and it had a little blank spot that needed that little something in the upper left-hand corner. I still had some Prima mulberry paper flowers lying on my desk, so I picked one up and folded it in half, cut one petal off and there was the cutest dang butterfly ever! Here is the card and check out the cutesy butterfly.




At the CKC Convention in Nashville, Tn., I bought the cutest stamp at The Stamps of Life booth that I am having a great time with.


coffee4two


This is the neatest……I have made pop up cards for all occasions and Christmas too. Just think of slipping in a gift card for friends, co-workers, and just for even saying “Thanks a Latte”, and it makes a terrific stocking stuffer, too!





I think that’s all I can handle today and probably you too, so bye for now and have a great day.


Take care and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. That would be a perfect card for my mommy...who can't function before her first(5)cups of coffee....Seems each year she has to add another cup to get started...pretty soon she'll still be drinking them when it's time for bed,lol.....Congrats on the new blog and Good Luck :O)

    ReplyDelete