Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Sand Dollar Legend

Hi, here I am again with a card for Challenges 4 Everybody.  I had to choose a digi to create with from our sponsor Oak Pond Creations and I decided I would choose the Sand Dollar.  I guess it's because living in New Orleans and in the surrounding area most of my life, we often visited the Mississippi Gulf Coast and love walking on the beach, it went for miles and miles and was just beautiful white sand and we would always look for shells and of course, any other interesting objects or creatures. 

During one of my visits I stopped in a little "Sea Shell Shop" and bought a sand dollar that had a sunset painted on it, shades of oranges and yellows and a seagull flying and it was framed with the story of the sand dollar, just beautiful.  Believe me, that was many, many years ago.... I do mean many.  LOL and it is still with me through the moves I have made and looks as good as new.  Just one of those cherished things you take very good care of.  So, here is my card and I hope you enjoy the "Legend of the Sand Dollar".


The image is from Oak Pond Creations, our fantastic sponsor.

Everything on my card is from my stash.
I did print the picture of the Poinsettia to show the backside of the shell.
The doves are actually out of another shell that I had, but I had to break it :( so I could show that there actually are 5 doves inside the shell.

I hope you like my card and enjoyed the "Legend of the Sand Dollar" and will be looking forward to seeing your "love comments" to inspire me to continue and hope you visit often as there are more cards waiting their turn to be posted as well as some images on the scrappin' table wondering, ummmm... wonder what she's gonna do with me.  LOL

So until next time,
Take care and God Bless.
Hugs
Joanie

No comments:

Post a Comment